I am ready to take the next step forward and figure out where do I go from here. I didn’t think I would get here so fast, but here I am, ready to move on. There are things that I want to figure out and get in order before we get scheduled for our next transfer.
Right after my procedure I was adamant with my hubby that I was ready to switch doctors and move on from there. However, as the anesthesia wore off I became a little less decisive in my next step. I am not officially ready to just ditch my doctor and get another opinion. I decided that I will hear him out and listen to what he thinks is next for us. If I don’t like his answers then I will seek a second opinion. However, I don’t think that I will like what he has to say as the other day he was already spewing out words like donor eggs and surrogacy. So we will see what he says.
I did however, really liked the doctor that I met with to do my procedure. She also works at the same clinic and I have been thinking about switching over to her care. The one draw back is that she said I couldn’t just do a consult with her, I would have to officially switch over from the start. I am not a fan of that course of action, as I think that it sounds a little drastic. At the moment I am in the mood to shop doctors and not make any lifetime commitments.
The lady doctor is newer to the clinic than my doctor and therefore doesn’t have as many patients. I can’t decide if that’s better or worse. More patients means a doctor is more established, but also that he is very busy. While, fewer patients could mean that she will focus more on me and my case. My doctor is well-known and has a lot of successes, but I just worry that I won’t be one of his success stories. I don’t feel that my case is cut and dry. I really believe that my fertility struggles stem from my autoimmune issues and not every doctor believes in going down that route.
I have also been looking into CCRM to get a consultation scheduled with them to see if there is anything they would do differently. I figured this could be my third step after I have exhausted all my resources at my fertility clinic. I just know that I need more answers before I transfer one of my embryos, as my supply is very limited.
In regards to what I eat I have decided to go back to a strict gluten-free diet. I have read a lot about hypothyroidism and the importance of sticking to a gluten-free diet. In the past I have tried to maintain a gluten-free diet, but have cheated on certain occasions and haven’t always paid attention to the sources of gluten. When I go for sushi I forget that soy sauce contains gluten and when I want a blizzard I don’t pay attention to the heath bar that is blended in there. So, for the next 30 days I won’t allow myself to cheat. It will suck and be hard, but I believe it will make a difference.
The one thing that I have decided not to do is limit my wine intake. I’ve been without wine for far to long and I am going to take a few weeks to enjoy a glass or two on these hot summer days. I can only make so many sacrifices at a time.